Explore our weekly and monthly events program
Join us this holiday for loads of fun events for the whole family.
Get Crafty - Different crafts each day, drop in anytime. Prices vary
Feeding Time* - Join us after hours at the aquarium to feed our creatures. Tuesdays and Sundays @ 5pm. £3pp
Face Paint Fridays - Have your face painted with your favourite sea creature. 2.30 every Friday. £1.50
International Coffee Day - Come and join the team at Mull Aquarium to raise money for MacMillan Cancer Support and to celebrate International Coffee Day! 50% of your ticket price goes to MacMillan or bring your reuseable cup and grab a takeaway coffee. 1st October, 10am-12noon
International Cephalopod Awareness Day - Octopus Dissection, free, 1.30pm, 9th October
Big Draw Festival -Throughout October, please see details below.
Release Day* - 30th October, details below
Halloween*- 31st October, details below.
Normal Aquarium Entry Appies
October Art Month
Our full programme of events is listed below.
- Drawn to Scale - design and colour a beautiful scale to add to our window murals and decorate the aquarium floor by challenging yourself to draw some of our amazing creatures to scale.
- Doodlethon - visit the aquarium and doodle away, add to our giant doodle mural. Daily, Free
- COMPETITION TIME - Design a sea creature pin badge (max 3 colours). Send or bring your designs into the aquarium and the winning design will be made and into a real pin badge! Which will be on sale to the public in 2020. Please make sure you include your name and contact details on your entry. The competition will run from 1st - 31st October. The winner will be announced first week in November. The winning design may be subject to modification to enable manufacture. The aquarium will own all rights to the selected design. The winner will also receive 5 complimentary badges of their design. Good Luck!
Ocean Discovery Day - Kids Club*
Spiraling Seas and Creative Currents - Monday 7th October, 9.30 am- 12.00noon
Drawn to Life - Thursday 17th (FULLY BOOKED)
Thursday 24th, 1.30pm - 4pm Age 7+, £15pp
- Resin Jewellery Workshop *
Join one of our workshop and create beautiful jewellery or keyrings using shells, flowers and more. You can bring your own treasures to set in resin or use some of the pieces provided.
Thursday 17th October, 7-9pm, Adults Only (£10pp) FULLY BOOKED
Sunday 27th October 2.30 - 4pm, Age 7+ (£10pp)
* Booking Essential
Release Day !
Join us for our last day of the season as we put all of the creatures back to sea.
If you would like to release a creature from the boat....
- Early bird booking for season pass holders opens on the 21st October at 10am. Please quote name, season pass number and number of Adult/child places you require. (Max 5 places per Family season pass)
- Non season pass holders are able to book from the 22nd October at 10am. Please tell us the number of adults/child spaces you require.
Places are given out on a first come first served basis. FULLY BOOKED
No need to book to release from the shore.
BYOB - Bring your own Bucket!
Time: 3.30pm - 5pm
When: 30th October 2019
Bookings taken via facebook messenger, phone or in person only.
Halloween - Legends of the Lake
Join us for a haunted walk around Aros Park and discover the legends of the lake.
Meet at the main carpark for Aros Park. Age 7-11 (6.15pm) & age 12+ (7.00pm). £5pp.
Children must be accompanied an adult.
Party games to follow. Bring a torch and be prepared for wet weather.
Time: 6.15pm & 7.00pm
When: Thursday 31st October